The all-electric 2013 Fiat 500e probably won't turn a profit, but that doesn't mean Fiat and Chrysler engineers haven't done a good job ramping up the hatchback's fuel economy numbers. Chrysler has just announced that the little EV has been rated at 116 Miles Per Gallon Equivalent (MPGe) combined. The EV will get 122 MPGe in the city, and highway efficiency is rated at 108 MPGe. As for range - which of course varies greatly in the real world - the official number is an impressive 87 miles.
To compare, other small EVs have been rated this way (combined/city/highway):
- 2013 Smart ED: 107/122/93 MPGe and a 68-mile range
- 2013 Scion iQ EV: 121/138/105 MPGe and a 38-mile range
- 2013 Honda Fit EV: 118/132/105 MPGe and a 82-mile range
- 2013 Mitsubishi i: 112/126/99 MPGe and a 62-mile range
- 2012 Nissan Leaf: 99/106/92 and a 73-mile range